Reducing the Gap Between Your Values and Your Actions
Challenge #24 – Reducing the Gap Between Your Values and Your Actions
As we prepare ourselves and our organizations for the new calendar year, it’s an ideal time for reflection and for setting goals.
In the video Ashley shares that her New Year’s Resolution every year (inspired by American activist Mariame Kaba) is to work on reducing the gap between her values and actions, and that’s another great reminder that this work is always work in progress.
This January we want you to make some time to think specifically about your personal and professional values. This reflection might take the form of journaling or meditation, or it may be a part of your existing business planning for 2023.
Consider the following questions as you think about your work;
- What attracted you to coworking / your work in the first place?
- Which coworking values are most important to you?
Consider your organizational mission and mandate.
- What are you trying to achieve with your business or alliance?
- What values are most important to your organization / team / alliance?
- How do you ensure decisions are made with these values in mind?
- How are you tracking value alignment or progress?
Consider your personal values;
- Which values motivate, lead or shape you and your family?
- Which values speak most to your heart? What feels ‘right’ or ‘essential’ to you?
- Notice the intersections and diversions between your personal and professional values.
Reflect upon your actions;
- In what ways are your actions and values aligned?
- What are you doing to ensure any alignment continues?
- In what ways are your actions and your values different or at odds?
- What can you do to bring your actions and values closer together?
The goal here is progress, not perfection.
We challenge you to take some time this month to sit with your reflections, apply the same questions to your IDEA commitments, and bring your thoughts and experience to the free international IDEA Conversation on January 25th.
We’d love to hear what you’re resolving or re-committing to in 2023, and for you to meet others who are working through the same essential questions in their coworking communities around the world. See you on January 25th!
The January 2023 Coworking IDEA Challenge is sponsored by Creative Blueprint.
January 25th 2023
9:00 AM Pacific | 12:00 PM Eastern
5:00 PM UK | 6:00 PM CET